Edited Book Awards + About
EDITED + WRITTEN
• ASHFALL by Mike Mullin, Award-winning YA novel, starred Kirkus review + Kirkus Best Books for Teens 2011, rave Horn Book review, 2011 New Voices Award, "Best Books for Kids 2011" from the Association of Booksellers for Children, YALSA Readers Picks 2011 nominee (line edited, Tanglewood Books, 2010)
• 68 KNOTS: A Novel by Michael Evans, YA novel, School Library Journal wrote: "Teens who fantasize about being pirates should pick this one up." (line edited, Tanglewood Books, 2010)
• CHENGLI AND THE SILK ROAD CARAVAN by Hildi Kang, Middle-grade novel (edited, Tanglewood Books, 2011)
• TWO MOON PRINCESS by Carmen Ferreiro-Esteban, YA novel, School Library Journal wrote, "This is a strong title that will appeal to teens who like fantasy with adventure, romance, and strong female protagonists." (edited, Tanglewood Books, 2009)
• SURVIVING THE ANGEL OF DEATH: THE TRUE STORY OF A MENGELE TWIN IN AUSCHWITZ, YA novel written by me for Eva Kor, Chicago Tribune wrote, "Her gripping story will ensure indeed you do not forget." (wrote, Tanglewood Books, 2011) TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEJkyk7luYo
• 2006 iParenting Media Award for GUESS WHO NEEDS GLASSES? BUMPY & BOO VISIT THE EYE DOCTOR (ghosted, Merry Lane Press, 2006)
• WRITING CHILDREN'S BOOKS FOR DUMMIES 2nd Edition, lead author, with Peter Economy (Wiley, 2013—consistently ranks #1 on Amazon in Children's Reference Writing Guides AND #1 in Children's Literature Guides)
• FUND YOUR FUTURE, with Julie Stav (Berkley, #10 New York Times Hardcover Business Bestsellers, 2002)
• MAKE YOUR OWN VALENTINES (PSS, 1994, Publishers Weekly Bestseller List #2, in Feb. 1995 and 1996)
• GIANT ANIMAL FOLD-OUTS: KANGAROO & COMPANY, and HIPPO & PALS (nonfiction, PSS, 1995, American Bookseller Pick of the List Spring 1995)
• THE MAGIC FEATHER (Troll, 1995, recipient of Parents Choice Silver Honor Award, 1995)
• KING ARTHUR'S CAMELOT, (Dutton, Book of the Month Club Selection, 1993)
• EXPLORING THE HUMAN BODY (Barrons, 1992, winner of CHILD MAGAZINE'S 10 BEST NEW PARENTING BOOKS, December/January Issue, 1993)
Lisa Rojany is a professional book editor and publishing executive with over 20 years' experience in the industry. Lisa has also written or ghostwritten over 100 children's books. She has hundreds of satisfied clients with published books who recommend her wholeheartedly (see link at right).
As well, she has co-written two bestselling grown-up books: WRITING CHILDREN'S BOOKS FOR DUMMIES with Peter Economy (Wiley, 2005; 3rd ed April 22, 2022) and the NY Times bestselling adult nonfiction hardcover, FUND YOUR FUTURE with Julie Stav (Berkley, 2002). Her Young Adult book, SURVIVING THE ANGEL OF DEATH: THE TRUE STORY OF A MENGELE TWIN IN AUSCHWITZ, with Eva Kor, (Tanglewood, 2009; paperback release 2012) received a rave review from Archbishop Desmond Tutu, published in 10 different countries.
Her books have received various awards and have hit the bestseller lists more than once (see left column).
Known for her innovation and creativity Lisa was the founding V.P. & Publisher of the children's book packaging and publishing division at Americhip Books, focusing on integrating light, sound, animation, paper engineering, and other cutting-edge technologies with stories and art. She has been Editorial/Publishing Director of children's books for Golden Books, Price Stern Sloan/Penguin Group USA, Intervisual Books, Gateway Learning Corp (Hooked on Phonics), and others.
She speaks about children's publishing, writing, and editing at U.C.L.A. Writer's Program Extension courses, SCBWI events, and other venues, and her agent is currently shopping a YA novel, RUN RUN RUNAWAY.
Lisa runs her own company, Editorial Services of Los Angeles (ESOLA), in which she helps other writers make their work the best it can be. (See "Editing Services" for more information.)